Razer Mamba Vs Lachesis Vs [Inset name here]

22 replies to this topic

#1 Challenger

Network Whiz

• Administrators
  • 2243 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

So basically I fancy a new mouse :) Currently I have a G5 and love it to bits but I really want a change.

What are your views on the Mamba and Lachesis? Is the Mamba really double as good as it costs double? Also is there any other mice I should be looking at?

Also on a side note I'm thinking of getting an Xtrac Ripper XXL. Is this a good mat? I really only want it for it's size :)

Thanks!

#2 Desypher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

I love my Mamba, light, fast and very responsive. The software to change settings is a doddle to use. My hand is actually quite big and it fits perfectly for me. I've heard that some people with smaller hand structures find this mouse not to be great but for me it fits perfectly. The rubbery texture feels great I forgot to add.

#3 DeadP1xels

Forum King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2000 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

I basically use a clone of the xtrac ripper but its got a gay name >_< Boogiebug aimB Xl i got from overlockers uk its a great matt grips to desk perfect mouse glides nice across it but its damn huge! 90x45cm

i love it though and for 13 its a steal although i heard some mouses have a hard time on it so you may wanna look around for some reviews

#4 laram101

Forum Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have the Lanchesis, Lycosa Mirror and the Ripper XXL and I have to say it's a killer combination. The desk mat, for one I wouldn't live without now that I've had it a while, it's just such a clean looking setup with everything set up on it, not to mention it performs really solidly. The Lanchesis, it's good, but it took me some getting used to. It's a lot lighter than the mouse I had previously, so it was a bit of an adjustment. Now I'd have to say I prefer a light mouse, but at first it just felt weird. You pay $80 for a mouse and it feels like there's nothing there you know what I'm saying?

I've never tried the Mamba, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Razer stuff.
Lian Li PC-P50WB
Corsair HX850
XFX 780i
Patriot Extreme Gaming Series 2x2GB @ 850Mhz
Intel Q9550 @ 3.95Ghz
Prolimatech Megahelms Rev.B
EVGA GTX 570
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
WD Scorpio Black 320GB
WD Caviar Blue 640GB (x2 RAID 1)

#5 mihapiha

#1 folder

• 4864 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

I also have the Mamba. But I had the Razor Diamonhead and Copperhead prier that, so I can't tell you about anything else. I'll definitely stick with the Razor mice, but I gotta tell you that I have the Mamba always connected, and that I don't use the wireless thing at all. Sometimes the wireless thing doesn't work well because it goes into standby too soon
Posted Image

#6 Challenger

Network Whiz

• Administrators
  • 2243 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

View PostDeadP1xels, on Dec 3 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

I basically use a clone of the xtrac ripper but its got a gay name >_< Boogiebug aimB Xl i got from overlockers uk its a great matt grips to desk perfect mouse glides nice across it but its damn huge! 90x45cm

i love it though and for 13 its a steal although i heard some mouses have a hard time on it so you may wanna look around for some reviews

Yea I looked at that as I could only find us shops with the xtrac pads. So if you think its good then I'll probably go for that.

As for the mouse I'm still undecided between the two so need to read a bit more into the specs. Tbh wireless isn't really an issue for me although it would be quite good to have as I get my wire stuck sometimes. Thanks for your views! I'm definatly beginning to switch to razer from the bad side *cough* logitech.

#7 Dragon Gamer

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

I love my mamba ^^

I can't speak for the lachesis, but my first razer was a deathadder (still use it on my mac), and the deathadder is like a right handed lachesis from what I've heard.
Posted Image

A train station is where trains stop. A bus station is where buses stop. And that's why my PC is a workstation.
"RED BULL IS BETTER THAN TESTOSTERONE!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!ONE1!!!!!1!!ELEVEN!!!!" scratch that monsters better

#8 utengineer

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

Check out http://www.roccat.org/

All of their accessories are pretty sharp looking and get good reviews. I don't own one, but my buddy does. It's sweet.

#9 Guest__xNub_*

• Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

If you don't mind wired, get the deathadder, it's cheap as crumbs and unless you use insane DPi it'll be fine (1800). I've got one and it's great, doesn't have over the top design, it has a clean feel and look. Also for a mouse-mat get the pure-pwnage one, unless you need a massive one. It's also really cheap Pure Pwnage Gaming Surface.

Also the Roccat Kone and Kova look VERY high quality.

Edited by _xNub, 09 June 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#10 Hendrik990

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Im also looking for a new mouse now as sadly my DeathAdder stopped working after a failed firmware update :(

#11 Jyrba

cs god

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

I really like my steelseries xai, it is a huge improvement from my old G5, Tho I never would get plastic mousepad anymore :P

So this mouse is going to 5001CPi which you never really need... Also this one haves tiny LED screen bottom of the mouse, which you will never use...
But I like this mouse for gaming because the erconomics... it looks and feels just a basic mouse in my hand :)
Also because it doesn't have any drivers, so you can use this mouse with no interpolation at all with right settings. Thats the real advantage!

#12 jrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

I've had the razer lachesis for about 2 years now and its been great so far, the only issue ive had with it is the middle mouse button click stopped working after about a year and a half of owning the mouse. Also don't use a soft mouse pad with it, because it will jump everywhere in games when you click it for some reason.
EVGA X79 FTW K2 41 | I7-3820 4.5ghz | Geil black dragon 4x8gb 32gb 1666mhz | EVGA GTX 280
Revodrive X2 240gb | Vertex 3 60gb x2 Raid0 | Pioneer DVR-215D | Silverstone Decathlon 850w | Silverstone TJ09
Dell 2407WFP | Thermalright Venomous X | Orico 2595US3 Aluminum Red 500gb

Razer Lachesis | Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Red Led Cherry Red

#13 R3APER

NOOB OVERCLOCKER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

Owned razor lychesis but it died and has a short warrenty so i bought the collermaster storm sentenial with the weapon of choice mat.

Is so much more sensative than the razor was i used to play at 1500dpi with the razor but with this i have to play at 900 to 1100 1500 not sure why it just seems a lot more sensative, took alot opf getting used to and messing to fidn the best speed for me.

Has nice features wit the on the fly profiles and dpi set dpi switch but if you fidn you are in a situation where the dpis u have set arnt working for a game yuo can chnage the dpi with a click and mouse wheel roll. Eg 1000 is to slow but the next set up is 1100 yuo click a button roll middle mouse to say 1068, all shows on the oled display for really easy use.

My next mouse will be the R.A.T looks good has lots of things to play with and can be set up perfectly for your hand size.

Forgot to mention the cm sentenial has an auto firebutton which is a bit of a cheat but its there, so those semi auto weapons become full auto.

Edited by R3APER, 09 June 2010 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image
Quote:

jfrydom : (10 January 2011 - 01:46 AM) lol he abuses enter key
mihapiha : (10 January 2011 - 01:46 AM) he abuses every key as far as I can tell.

Quote:

Why should I turn off tessellation in order to level the playing field? Why should I confine my tests to DX10? Fanboys already demand that nVidia users turn off PhysX for "comparability". Now tessellation too?

At what point do you stop and consider that instead of leveling the playing field you're just dumbing down one product so that you can feel better about your own?

#14 MohawkUS

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

I use the Abyssus and the Goliathus Alpha, good budget gaming combo, I love both the mouse and the mouse pad. Razer makes the best mice I have ever seen.
Currently Playing:
Fallout New Vegas, Minecraft, Mount & Blade

#15 Hendrik990

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostMohawkUS, on 09 June 2010 - 07:43 PM, said:

I use the Abyssus and the Goliathus Alpha, good budget gaming combo, I love both the mouse and the mouse pad. Razer makes the best mice I have ever seen.
How is the mouse specifically?

#16 MohawkUS

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

View PostHendrik990, on 09 June 2010 - 07:48 PM, said:

How is the mouse specifically?

If you use the fingertip grip and do not need macros, it will be a sure winner, just make sure you get a soft mouse pad as your hand will be on the mouse pad all the time. I would buy it again, awesome mouse.
Currently Playing:
Fallout New Vegas, Minecraft, Mount & Blade

#17 Dragon Gamer

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:11 AM

View Post_xNub, on 09 June 2010 - 03:48 PM, said:

If you don't mind wired, get the deathadder, it's cheap as crumbs and unless you use insane DPi it'll be fine (1800). I've got one and it's great, doesn't have over the top design, it has a clean feel and look. Also for a mouse-mat get the pure-pwnage one, unless you need a massive one. It's also really cheap Pure Pwnage Gaming Surface.

Also the Roccat Kone and Kova look VERY high quality.

Nub this post is from 09
Posted Image

A train station is where trains stop. A bus station is where buses stop. And that's why my PC is a workstation.
"RED BULL IS BETTER THAN TESTOSTERONE!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!ONE1!!!!!1!!ELEVEN!!!!" scratch that monsters better

#18 dirtylarryuk

PC GAmes Guru

• Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5841 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:03 AM

View Postmihapiha, on 03 December 2009 - 01:13 PM, said:

I also have the Mamba. But I had the Razor Diamonhead and Copperhead prier that, so I can't tell you about anything else. I'll definitely stick with the Razor mice, but I gotta tell you that I have the Mamba always connected, and that I don't use the wireless thing at all. Sometimes the wireless thing doesn't work well because it goes into standby too soon

Update the bios!

Then no issues!

basically I game wireless the battery lasts 8-10 hours and you can attach the wire with ease and and be wired in secs if it runs flat whikch is ratjher handy in a BC2 firefight!

Death adder lach and mamba are all same mouse bar the fact the mamba is wireless.

its crap for tracking on non decent pro surfaces, if you want a all round tracker the wireless sidewinder with bluetrack is WAY better for working on skin carpet hair face etc for media use lol. mamba rocks for games. Software is idiot proof and has yet to trip VAC or PB even with macros (I have had logitech software do this!)

Mamba is overpriced and only has a 12 month warrenty but if you buy from a UK retailer online you can try for upto 7 days and return if you hate it and swap it for a Lach or deathadder if your not going to use it wirelessly.

I have to admit I find the wire when plugged in on mice annoying much like a wired joypad now.

[Posted Image

PC: i7 2600k 4.9Ghz, P67, FT02 SE, Gigabyte Titan, 4GB DDR3,256GB M4 x2

OCZRevo 2 x2 SSD 240 GB, G930 7.1. RAT 5, Corsair K60
DISPLAYS:2D 27" IPS 60Hz Dell 1440p 6ms U2711 - 120" 21:9 100Hz DLP 0.1ms, 29" Dell IPS 60Hz 29" 21:9

#19 wumpus

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:23 AM

View Postdirtylarryuk, on 10 June 2010 - 05:03 AM, said:

Update the bios!

Then no issues!

basically I game wireless the battery lasts 8-10 hours and you can attach the wire with ease and and be wired in secs if it runs flat whikch is ratjher handy in a BC2 firefight!

Death adder lach and mamba are all same mouse bar the fact the mamba is wireless.

its crap for tracking on non decent pro surfaces, if you want a all round tracker the wireless sidewinder with bluetrack is WAY better for working on skin carpet hair face etc for media use lol. mamba rocks for games. Software is idiot proof and has yet to trip VAC or PB even with macros (I have had logitech software do this!)

Mamba is overpriced and only has a 12 month warrenty but if you buy from a UK retailer online you can try for upto 7 days and return if you hate it and swap it for a Lach or deathadder if your not going to use it wirelessly.

I have to admit I find the wire when plugged in on mice annoying much like a wired joypad now.

all I have to say is that the gigabyte M8000X is a sick mouse. i won it in a contest and I love it.
its got some crazy 600DPI which i never us but hey, its there to impress my friends...

its not bad at $70 either...
http://www.newegg.co...BYTE-_-26146014
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George S. Patton

#20 Rageaholic

Super-Duper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

You wouldn't like a Lachesis. I had one, Such uncomfortable, I gamed worse with one, Then i brought out my old ball mouse from the cupboard, gamed better than the Lachesis. Go with the Deathadder V2